Thursday, December 11, 2008

CI Moments

Ok just a few things here.
I heard Michael breathing outside in the dark the other night and it freaked me out lol.

I have discovered that the ability to take this thing off is great in shopping malls and around screaming kids :) HA HA take that you damned hearing people.

I can now hear them page me at work which I am still undecided as to it being good or bad.

I can talk on the phone to a point, but not if its really loud and I don't know who I am talking to.

The dishwasher is loud and so is silverware. Very loud.

My cats sound like they are high on helium, which is just funny.

Things I don't like to hear:

Kids screaming

Fire engines

Some lady I work with that sounds like she is drunk lol

Really loud noises scare me and I still have some trouble with directions but I am doing better. I nailed a 94% on word recognition at my last appointment, next time they are doing it in noise which is my worst part UGH. Just a fast update, hope everyone who reads this is ok, and just an FYI I am trying really hard to get the second one done and soon! TTYL

5 comments:

Www.lozsmedicsljourney.blogspot.co.uk said...

ace! Glad you doing well!

yep we do have an advantage over hearing people!! No snoring sounds for us when we are alseep and without our ci!

Katie-Louise's blog said...

Haha nice one i loved it when you said your cats sound like they are high on helium. lol

screaming kids are always annoyinhg, thank god i don't have any just yet lol aye we are lucky to take the implant off to have some peace, poor hearing people!

sounds like your doing so well on the speech reconigtion eh!

keep it up! love ur storys n add you as a followers

keep posting!

katie=louise

Anonymous said...

for the record, i wasnt breathing heavy outside. but it WAS kind of cool to see old 8B4Seven react like that.

Anonymous said...

hi I have just found your blog. my daughter may be having a c implant and reading this has uplifted me , as, like any mother I am feeling a bit anxious. You sound so positive, I congratulate you and wish you success in your future.
anon. from UK

Www.lozsmedicsljourney.blogspot.co.uk said...

you seem to be coming along well! :D theres always gona be sounds we like and hate! ah but we wouldnt have it any other way!