Friday, June 26, 2009

Bi Lateral Surgery Pictures and Update



So I had my surgery on Tuesday, lived on the pain pills until yesterday :) I hate how groggy they make me, but its usually the only I can get sleep after something like that. I stopped taking them yesterday and have been going on OTC stuff instead. I can feel the last of the Oxycontin leaving my system today because its been a struggle to stay upright all day. I took the pressure bandage off yesterday and I am publishing some pics of the surgery site and all. I have another lousy haircut (don't let a doctor cut your hair), but its not nearly as bad as last time. All in all I have had a much easier time with the second surgery than I did with the first. The biggest difference I have noticed is how loud my left ear rings now, there are times when it almost drowns out the right CI. The other weird thing is I have turned down the volume on my processor. Its too loud otherwise. I don't know what that is from but there you have it. :) Pics are here, the gunk on my ear is bacatracin, not some discharge or anything, I keep that on it so it doesn't get infected. Hope everyone is doing OK on this hot humid Friday. Keep in touch!






1 comment:

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Wow! Your surgeon is really scissor happy! Your incision looks great! August 6th is just over a month away. My stepdaughter Amanda wants to go bilateral. We just had her ENT appointment today. It didn't go as well as we had hoped, but we're still in there and not giving up without a fight.