Monday, September 15, 2008

Day Four after Surgery

Ok not a lot happened yesterday, at least things I can say YAY about. I do terrible in a car, the motion really makes me sick, Michael and I went to Baltimore for Mass yesterday and I thought I would puke the whole time. I also realized how much I was relying on the little bit of residual hearing I had left in my right and left ear. Since the implant I don't have any in the right and the left is bad. Sitting here at home with Michael and almost no background noise I am ok. Out and about with my hearing aid in and a lot of white noise ( its all environmental but it just sounds like static to me) is BAD. I could barely make out what anyone said to me yesterday, and then we went to dinner with three other people and I was lost, totally lost. I don't have a clue what they talked about, I said HUH a lot and smiled. :) Other than that not much happened. My incision is itching a little bit, but I was actually brave enough to try and feel the implant and I washed my own hair which was good. No new pics because it doesn't look any different lol. Hope everyone is well. Look for another update tonight I think.

2 comments:

Cyborg Queen said...

you know, you can shave the other side, then you can be a slight "punk". :-) THat would look cool.

For the itchiness, I just kind of put anti-itch cream AROUND the incision. Ask your doc if you're allowed to do that first. I was just very itchy and I couldn't sleep because of that. Anti itch cream helped a lot! :-)once your incisions go away, it will get better.

Abbie said...

I wasn't allowed to put anti-itch cream on my incision but I had to douse it in peroxide and apply antibiotic ointment to it. The itchiness will eventually go away :)