Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day Three and Pics




OK so I stopped taking the pain pills yesterday except when I went to sleep and I feel better. They make me so groggy its gross. I have been on ibuprofen only today and it seems to be working out. I have a lot of pressure in my ear like water or something and its a little sore but nothing like it had been. I also had Michael take some pictures of the wound area fresh from washing my hair. OMG I look like a punk rocker! They took so much hair off me. Its healing up nice though and my hair will grow back *sigh*. Not much going on today I am trying to take it easy, putting the TV up yesterday just about killed me so I think all we are doing is putting some stuff away and maybe riding to the store so I can get some thank you cards and some stuff. Enjoy the pics!


9 comments:

Dawne said...

whoa, they didn't need to wack that much hair off. But you're a guy and it'll grow back fast. I'm betting most will grow back by your activation day.
You're right though, you look like a punk rocker, lol.
I'm definitely going to have a serious talk with my doc about that.

Thanks for the pics and the updates, you're doing great!!

Deaf-Irish said...

My hair is thick and wavy anyway so its mostly hangs down and you cant see it, but when its wet and I brush it up WHAM I have half a mowhawk!

Anonymous said...

Dude the hair is stylin' and the incision looks good. So it is not like the boy on Young and Restless yours are on the inside?

Deaf-Irish said...

Half of it is on the inside, the rest of it sits on the outside of my head. I have to wait for it to heal and get it turned on October 9.

Charlotte said...

Hey Irish Guy,

Thats excatly same hair style i had when I had CI op!! but good job i had long hair. Also... took 8weeks to grow an inch!

Charlotte (overthepond)

Anonymous said...

Been following your story - I got my CI (Advanced Bionics) in August of 2005 - the warranty just ran out! When is your activation day?

Deaf-Irish said...

My implant is also advanced bionics. My activation is scheduled for October 9.

Abbie said...

Oh wow! You got the CI mullet :) but your incision looks great!

Unknown said...

Ok. Punk Rocker you definatly look like one. The pics on day three do look like it's all healing nicely. I am glad to hear that the healing is going well. Sending you reiki, light, and lots of love.